The feel-good time of spring is here. Feel the excitement of new growth, choices, great possibilities and the wonder of new beginnings.
I’m going to be adventurous and say that you can have that feel-good energy all year round. It begins with loving yourself. Loving and valuing your own unique energy.
Indeed: you can feel good about your own unique energy. The only question is: can you have that? Can you give yourself the permission to feel good about your uniqueness?
This may be tricky for some of you with energy in your space that may not be in agreement with that. Your own energy may have been invalidated all your life. Perhaps you have always been different from others, not quite fitting into the mould? If so – having your own truth can feel uncomfortable.
Perhaps you picked up some competitive / angry or threatening energy into your space along the journey of your life and have not yet learned ways to properly release it? Or are you carrying around other people’s questions / problems / issues? Are you the one who is always going around trying to heal, fix and please everyone. Well, you can’t fix or solve problems that are not yours. Those can only be addressed where they were created in the first place! So you may want to let go of all that responsibility.
How can you tell if energy in your space is yours or not?
I would offer a very simple and clear rule of thumb: if it doesn’t feel good, it’s not yours. Your own energy feels natural / welcoming / familiar, while foreign energy can feel competitive / threatening / harsh / limiting. Foreign energy tells you that you can’t do what makes you happy, that you can’t be happy, that you can’t have your dreams manifest. That’s what it thrives on: to make you feel victimized, low in self-esteem, questioning and doubting yourself. You don’t have to engage with all of those energies. Say hello to your infinite value and release.
Well, spring is just the perfect time to detox. To let all that heaviness go and to begin to feel good again. There are many techniques that can be used: meditation, grounding and filling up with your own unique gold sun energy. You can let go of effort and go into grace.
There are practices that can help you bring in more of that delicious feel-good energy. They are as follows.
1. Ground: release anything that is not yours. You know you have foreign energy in your space if you are feeling good and excited about something and then suddenly your mood changes at the flick of a switch for no apparent reason or by coming into contact with / being around someone!
2. Meditate. This is the means to connect with your body and your info. You can connect with your own energy, your truth in meditation. Notice how, when you go offline on FB – you can no longer access information. Same happens in life: when you don’t connect with your spirit, you can’t access your info. Meditation is the space to connect with your source. People act as if there is a shortage of energy, so they compete for who gets to feel good. They believe that only those with certain things can feel good. That is a lie. There is plenty of that feel-good energy to go around! Just reach in and grab some for yourself from your own inner source of well-being – your essence.
3. Practice gratitude. Often. This is powerful medicine.
4. Practice forgiveness. This is how you release toxic energy that you may have picked up along the way.
5. Simplify. Less is more.
6. Do yoga. It’s a good way to ground yourself and your spiritual growth.
7. Dance. It lifts those vibrations of yours in a very real and physical way. Just turn up your favorite music and dance away!
8. Spend time out in the sun. Sunlight stimulates vitamin D in your body, which increases a general sense of well-being and optimism.
9. Get amused. Amusement is a powerful energy.
10. Do gardening. Tending to a garden or having house plants is very healing and grounding for your living space. This is a good way to access Earth energy, which heals your body.
11. Play. Just let loose and enjoy. Be a child of the Universe.
12. Socialize. Humans are social beings and have a need for simply spending some time with each other. Make sure to deal some social time into your to-do list so that your need for community is met. This is important even for introverts.
13. Go shopping. This may seem like a banal suggestion, but spending some money on yourself or others can be very healing and will increase a sense of abundance and well-being.
14. Spend more time in nature.
16. Be gentle with yourself, love yourself. Remember that you show others how to treat you by the way you treat yourself. Expect love, respect and kindness.
17. Treat yourself like a king / queen. Oh yes you deserve it!
18. Feel good about your choices. Feel good about saying no to what does not serve your highest good. Feel good about saying no if that is your choice. Feel free to walk away from conflict / competition / harshness or anything else not in your highest good.
19. Practice energy work. My meditation class could be a good start.
20. Bring color into your life. Color is very healing for you and consciously choosing the colors that you are affinity with is a way to heal yourself. You might also consider getting an aura reading.
There is an energy that is so unique in all of creation that it cannot be replicated, it cannot be matched. It is Infinitely worthy and infinitely loved. That energy is You. ~Hello EssenceJoy
© EssenceJoy Clairvoyance 2013
Photo: ‘Essence joy’ / Flower Story’s Facebook page