Your intuition is probably the most valuable asset in your spiritual toolbox. If you don’t listen to and trust your intuition, you might easily end up getting into trouble. Intuition is part of the picture of wholeness and has to be integrated.
Indeed, your intuition is like your very own spiritual GPS electronic map that shows you the way to your next step. You simply can’t go wrong by following your inner guidance. If you do not pay attention to your own intuitive communication, however, you can easily get lost in the wilderness of other people’s energies. That’s okay, too, because then you will learn to trust your intuition.
You may already be very intuitive and have very strong impressions and sensations of the people and situations around you, but may not have had much validation for it in the past. Maybe you grew up around people who were out of touch with themselves and didn’t want anyone around them to see them too clearly either. So you learned to ignore your hunches, cast them aside and file your experiences into the ‘coincidence folder’.
Quite frankly, your intuition is the voice of your own soul. To be intuitive is to be in touch with your soul. It’s that inner knowingness of what is truly right for you and what is not. And your soul communicates through the sensations in your body. So you need to trust your body.
The ‘meditation 1’ class is the psychic kindergarten and is the place to begin intuitive training. In this class you are given permission to turn off your judging, analytical mind and instead begin to playfully trust your intuition.
You already have an awesome intuition, but there may be some habitual blocks that can make it hard for you to pay attention. The following are 10 of the most typical ones …
- Analysis. The thing with intuition is that it can be quite subtle and therefore not something you can easily explain. Soon as you start to try and explain it, you will quickly lose touch with it and the intellect takes over. Nothing wrong with having good analytical skills, its just that they cannot be applied to intuition. Intuition often makes no sense so if you are stuck on having to make sense of what your intuition is telling you may be completely missing the message.
- Competition. This is a subtle one as even people that are very aware can at times not see that they are coming from competition. Some of the clues are: having to be right, having battles with others and arguing over what is true. We all have our own truths and there is no competition. Everyone deserves to have their needs met in gentle and loving ways.
- Judgement. When you read energy it is really important to have a neutral and unbiased perspective. It’s hard for you to be neutral when you are either in the analyser or in the emotional pain picture that has come up for you. That is what the centre of head is for. In order to see clearly you need to look from the centre of head. Only form the centre of head can you receive clear and unbiased information as opposed to reading from the second chakra, for example.
- Having to have a specific answer. When you look for information from the centre of head, what you are looking at is typically the very thing that needs to be seen. But you may easily miss it if you are stuck on having to see something specific such as a happy ending for a couple who might not even be meant for each other. Again, it’s important to look without any judgement or expectation, so as to be completely neutral to what your intuition is trying to communicate to you.
- Explaining yourself. Or in other words: having to prove yourself. Again, if you feel like you are having to defend yourself, your truth and your viewpoint or prove your value to someone, then you are leaving behind intuition and getting into the ego battle territory. Who do you have to make sense to? Is it not better just to accept yourself simply as you are? Spirit does not compete and has no need to explain or justify itself – it is self-sufficient and self-fulfilled.
- Lack of grounding. In order to trust your intuition you need to be grounded and in touch with your body. Your body is very intelligent and is constantly reading the vibes around it. If you are at all ungrounded, it will be hard for you trust your sensations and impressions. So you will need a good grounding. Grounding yourself in meditation also helps your body to feel safe enough to turn on your spiritual abilities.
- Invalidation. For you to make progress in your communication with your intuition, your soul or spirit, you have to start somewhere. Namely, you have to start by validating yourself and your own impressions. Throw away the need to be right, to have to make sense or having to defend what you experience – simply validate your perceptions and your ability will begin to grow. Here’s the thing, not quite everyone around you can see and validate you for who you really are and what you are capable of. You need to give this gift to yourself – you need to validate yourself.
- Being in a hurry. If you seem to be constantly in a hurry somewhere to get something done, then you will simply have no time to just sit and be. And so your energy will be all over the place outside of yourself fixing everything, healing others, solving problems. And typically all that energy goes to pleasing everyone else. Only by slowing down and bringing yourself back to yourself in present time can you begin to see clearly.
- Seriousness. Seriousness is really like a disease in that it makes everything heavy and burdensome. And being too serious you will easily miss the lighter vibration of your spirit trying to communicate with you. In order to get in touch with your intuition you need to find your amusement! Spirit likes to dwell in a body that is happy and light-hearted.
- Not present. If you are not in the present time in the body it will be hard for you to see clearly. A large portion of your energy may be floating around elsewhere along the timeline perhaps solving something, healing someone, figuring something out, processing some old pain and therefore less of you will be available to you to create and see with in the present. Your spirit communicates with you in the present moment, so you need to bring yourself all the way back into the now here.
That thing we call intuition? It’s your soul. You can trust it. ~Unknown
© Copyright Hello EssenceJoy 2016
Photo: ‘Light’ / Unsplash.com