Before a seed can become a flower it needs to be carefully sowed into fertile soil at the appropriate time. It then requires the gardener’s constant loving attention and care to be nurtured to its fullness, maturation and eventually flowering.
Through its growth cycle from a humble seed to a beautiful, magnificent flower, a plant has a lot of challenges to face: weather conditions, pests, birds and animals. Without the gardener’s proper care, attention and presence the flower would have difficulty in becoming all that it can be – it could not attain its optimal potential.
In the same way we are all like these flowers and we all need support and nurturing both from the Earth below our feet, the nature around us, natural seasonal cycles, from our own conscious actions as well as from those around us to become all that we can be. We are all in this life thing together and it is only through supporting each other that we can all blossom.
So where do you find support when dealing with a challenge or perhaps when your shadow has come up for review? You probably have many more sources of support than you may even be aware of. Take a moment to become aware of what supports you and be in gratitude for those. When you send your gratitude to what supports you, that support can then grow and the Universe will send you more of it.
Sometimes the support we need may not be showing up in the way that we would like. Indeed, sometimes the egos of those around us can confuse us about what is really true. We can temporarily lose touch with our true, spiritual nature and forget we are all love at the core. When outer support isn’t forthcoming, we mustn’t sit with our hands on our lap, wait for others to change first and for others to come and support us. We must always look at all the ways that we can support ourselves. Support from others has to come by God’s grace not by the demand of our egos.
The way God works might not always make sense to the human mind, the personality, but in the end the realizations and abundance are bountiful. Whatever happens, always happens as grace of God. Everything always works out for the best.
There are many ways that you can support yourself and apply the healing balm of self-love to soothe life’s harshness, which allows you to be all that you can be and show up in your fullness:
- Unconditionally accept everything about yourself. Including the shadow.
- Approve yourself. Don’t wait for others to come and approve of you. The only person whose approval you’ll ever need is your own.
- Your daily spiritual practice. This could be practice such as prayer, meditation, walks in nature, yoga, selfless service and much more. Use a daily spiritual practice to keep yourself grounded in love.
- Self-nurturing practices. Doing nice things for ourselves such as having nurturing salt baths, buying presents for ourselves, treating ourselves to something wonderful every now and then…
- Connect with the people that nurture you. Maybe all you need is a phone call with a family member just to check in with them. Never underestimate a simple conversation with a friend or a family member. It is never a waste of time.
- Connect with the Earth below your feet. Honor and love the Earth. Ground yourself into the planet below your feet via a grounding cord from the base of your spine. You can use the grounding technique taught at our healing centre.
- Grounding allows your body to feel safe and secure and as a result you are able to imagine a bright and joyous future for yourself. Try the meditation class to learn the technique.
- Your wellness practices such as observing a healthy diet, regular exercise, having massage and many others.
© Copyright Hello EssenceJoy 2016
Photo: ‘Zen’ / unsplash.com