Now that we are already well into spring time here on the Northern hemisphere the nature is aglow with a joyous celebration of bird symphonies, sweet fragrances of fresh blossoms and a rich tapestry of color all around us.
Wherever you look, everything is brimming with happiness and enthusiasm for the increasing amount of daylight. And as the days are getting ever more lighter and lighter, so are we letting go of heaviness and becoming lighter in our own inner landscapes.
The earlier months of this year have been very much inwardly focused in that we instinctively spent more time looking inward and examining old patterns and basically just preserving energy. We’ve done quite a bit of that deep inner work during the winter months that have passed as well as the early spring months of this year.
If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears. ~ Lenn Clark
Now the focus is becoming more and more outward. We are invited to be more sociable, make new friends, get out there more, have more get-togethers and just have more plain old fun! It’s much easier to have fun and invite in joy when you have a toolkit for taking good care of yourself and your own energy. Do you know your own energy? Do you love and value it enough to take good care of it?
Springtime is just the perfect time for a detox. You may have already given your house a good scrubbing, but consider also your inner space, your chakras and aura layers, aka your energy field – it too needs a hello from you.
So if you’re like me and are ready for a detox from all the heavy-processing of the previous few months and want to lighten up, then here are some super simple suggestions on how to detox your energy completely without any effort whatsoever.
1. Ground yourself. This is the most important step in detoxing your energy, which is why I’ve put it at the top of this list. If you haven’t learned this one yet, then I highly recommend it: learn to ground yourself. By regularly grounding your energy into the center of the planet, rather than into your work, your bank account or your mother, you can effortlessly release anything that is not yours. Grounding makes you real. There is a certain magic that happens when you ground yourself. You ground by visualizing a grounding cord connecting the base of your spine into the center of the planet.
2. Meditate. It’s the perfect remedy for the hectic, fast-paced and energetically taxing everyday life with all its expectations, demands and responsibilities. Your meditation space is your rest and relaxation space where absolutely nothing is expected of you. Sitting in meditation for just 30 minutes or more in the morning every day is very healing and balancing and does wonders for your body, mind and soul.
3. Practice forgiveness. Holding grudges does nothing, but drain your energy and take away your enjoyment in life. It makes you unnecessarily fearful and guarded. Remember that we’re all just kids in a huge kindergarten and sometimes get it wrong. When you instead choose to forgive those who may have wronged you or made you feel like a victim, you automatically let go of any old toxic energy and free your space up to create, have, be and do more. You don’t necessarily have to hang out with those whom you need to forgive, but just let go of that heavy and toxic energy of unforgiveness.
4. Be amused. No matter what you’re getting up to and no matter how serious something may look on the surface, always find the amusement in it. This immediately lifts your energy, allows you to detach with love and to see clearly. The bonus is that amusement also makes you appear more attractive. Consider it your energetic face-lift. And it’s completely free.
5. Be in wonder. Always be as a child. Like an innocent three-year-old exploring a totally new world. Every day when you wake up remember to be in wonder and amazement about the magical creative being you are, how much you have already created and how much more you can still create. Be in wonder about all the endless possibilities, discoveries and adventures yet to be had!
6. Be in gratitude. The very simple rule is this: you manifest more miracles into your life by often giving thanks for what you already have. Besides it is a wonderful inspiring vibration to hold in your energy field. It feels good to be grateful. Make a habit of finding at least 10 things to be grateful for every day. Count your blessings!
7. Have a positive attitude. In a world where there is constant upheaval and drama happening every day a positive attitude is an absolute must. Being negative serves no one and is a journey down the rabbit hole into more of that same negativity. If you really want to help others and be a healing presence, simply leave your dramas at the door and just have a good time. Or better yet imagine putting any negativity you may have in a rose and blow it up. And poof! It is gone!
8. Give something. You don’t have to give much. You can start with simple things like a hello, a smile, a bit of your time, selfless service or the gift of your presence to someone who may be feeling lonely. Those things count. And if you are in a position to do so, consider also donating your time or money to charities or to whomever may need help and support. The most beautiful thing about giving is that giving like loving is its own reward.
9. Listen to music. Beautiful, relaxing and soothing music is both inspiring and healing. It automatically resets your energy and puts you back in balance in a way that obsessing, over-thinking and running around in circles does not. It is a meditation of the highest order and is simply the best way to lift your energy and to let go of any toxic energy you may have been holding on to. You know how good it feels after a really really great massage? Well, healing music has the ability to do the same without so much as even leaving your house!
10. Create something. Step into the creative flow and feel good! Having a creative outlet allows you to express and communicate yourself in ways that your words or your body couldn’t. You can get all those deeply held beliefs, ideas, feelings and otherwise suppressed stuff out of you in an easy and fun way. This will be extremely healing and detoxing for you. You could start with something simple like blogging, painting by numbers, pottery, drawing, coloring, knitting, gardening or any other creative pathways that appeal to you. Find your niche!
Have you had a detox yet? How about an intuitive session to get you started? Get a hello now!
© Copyright Hello EssenceJoy 2015
Photo: ‘Bali Viceroy Spa Woman in Ubud’ / Google